“This post and recipe was created for #SummerDessertWeek! I was sent samples by some of the sponsor companies but as always opinions are 100% mine.”
Ahhh, summertime and s’mores. Goes together like Fall and pumpkin spice, winter and peppermint, Springtime and… asparagus? Peeps? Jelly Beans? Jury is out on that one.
Anyways… s’mores are great and all, but you can’t pack them to go. They’re like the tacos of the dessert world: you eat them as soon as they land in your hand.
I came across this recipe years ago, and I had it in my “to do” pile. I have lots of “to do” piles. Laundry, recipes, bills, dishes.
Now that I’ve made it, it’s going into my keeper pile. Actually, it’s a binder. Gotta control the papers somehow, you know?
To make these you start with some graham cracker crumbs, flour and sugar. I personally used Dixie Crystals since they sponsored this event. (Thank you!)
Perfect treat to bring to your neighbors BBQ that keeps with the summertime theme.
s'mores cookie bars
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 sticks butter softened
- 1 1/2 cups packed light brown sugar
- 2 eggs beaten
- 2 cups milk chocolate chips
- 2 cups marshmallow topping
- Preheat oven to 350
- Line a 13x9" pan with parchment paper
- In a bowl, combine the graham crumbs, flour, salt and baking powder set aside
- Using a mixer, beat the butter and sugar until fluffy, add eggs and mix well
- Gently mix the dry and wet mixtures together.
- Press 1/2 of the dough into the prepared pan
- Top with chips and marshmallow
- Drop remaining batter over top, its ok if some marshmallow and chocolate show through
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes.
- Allow to cool at least 30 minutes for easier slicing.
Check out the amazing #SummerDessertWeek recipes from our bloggers today!
Ice Cream Recipes:
- Watergate Salad Pudding Popsicles from Daily Dish Recipes
Pies of Summer:
- Hot Fudge Mud Pie from Eat Move Make
- Strawberry Banana Brownie Parfaits from Big Bear’s Wife
- Creamy Key Lime Curd Parfaits from Pastry Chef Online
- S’mores Cookie Bars from The Domestic Kitchen
Welcome to the 2nd Annual #SummerDessertWeek event hosted by Angie from Big Bear’s Wife. This sweet week-long event is filled with fun dessert recipes from amazing bloggers and some great giveaways from our generous sponsors! We can’t wait to share all of these summer-themed desserts with y’all and celebrate summertime sweets all week long!
There are 23 wonderful bloggers participating in this year’s event! With over 60 recipes being shared this week we just know that you’re going to find a new summer favorite! Plus, don’t forget that we have 5 (five) great giveaways for you this week too!
Scroll down to take a look!
Prize #1 — Dixie Crystals is giving away one (1) Instant Pot (8 Qt) to one lucky winner!
Prize #2 — Adam’s Extract is giving away – One bottle of Adams Best Vanilla Flavor, Adams Best Prize Winning Pound Cake Mix, Adams Extract Twice as Stong Vanilla and Adams Extract Lemon Extract
Prize #3– Red Star Yeast is giving away a gift pack including an Insulated Tote Bag, Apron, “The New Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day” Cookbook, Yeast, Rolling Pin, Measuring Spoons, Oven Mit and Dish Towel
Prize #4 — Susquehanna Glass Co. is giving away one set (4 glasses) of Mermaids Stemless Wine Glasses. (like the Mermaid glasses you’ll see in some of our recipes this week!)
Prize #5 — Lodge Cast Iron is giving away one (1) 12-inch Cast Iron Skillet.
Giveaway open to US Residents 18 years or older. No PO Boxes Please. giveaway runs from July 9th until July 15th at 12AMEST. Winners will be selected soon afterward and contacted by e-mail. Winners will have 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be chosen. There are a total of 5 (five) prizes and therefore we will have a total of 5 (five) winners.
Disclaimer: These posts and recipes are part of the week-long event, #SummerDessertWeek but all opinions are 100% mine! We would like to Thank our amazing sponsors: Dixie Crystals, Adam’s Extract, Red Star Yeast, Susquehanna Glass Co. and Lodge Cast Iron! These wonderful sponsors provided the prize packs for our giveaways and also sent samples and products to the #SummerDessertWeek bloggers to use in their recipes.