pumpkin waffles ~ tasty waffles that make your house smell like Fall.
Well, it finally got below 80 here last week. Woo~hoo! And, after three solid days of rain, we were blessed with a beautiful crisp clear Florida fall day. It was enough to make me giddy, and do a happy dance.
It also happened to fall on a day where my moms group was meeting at a church pumpkin “patch”.
I brought my camera…
I also picked up a cookbook that the women’s ministry was selling, and that’s where I got the recipe for these:
Now, I am pretty certain that these will make great pancakes if you don’t happen to have a waffle iron. But, I also think that you may have a waffle iron… it’s tucked away with your fondue pot and pressure cooker, I’m sure. Maybe it’s behind the camp-gear in the garage? 😉
If you don’t have a waffle iron… well, they are pretty neat little devices- I made waffle toast once in mine…and jalapeno cheddar waffles, too. Bliss.
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon maple extract
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
- In a bowl, mix the sugar, butter, pumpkin, extracts, eggs and buttermilk.
- Set aside.
- In another bowl, combine the dry ingredients, and gently fold the two mixtures together.
- Cook in a greased preheated waffle iron until golden.
- Serve with warm maple syrup.