I cannot believe how long I have had this little site without putting out a good ol’ pot roast recipe. Weird, huh? That’s what I thought.
Which, made me start thinking of all of the “good ol” recipes that I have never done…brownies, apple pie, ice cream…you know good ol’ food. Man, I am craving brownies now. Why’d I have to type that?
I know it’s summer, but pot roast is actually a good summer food- especially when you use a crock pot~ no heating up the house-woohoo!
I did mine up with carrots and onions… because I was out of celery and I wanted potatoes on the side.
- 1 tsp thyme
- 2 tsp parsley
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 1/2 c beef consume or broth
- 1 tsp cornstarch, dissolved in 1 tbs cold water
- 1/2 large onion, sliced
- 3 carrots, sliced
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 1 chuck roast, browned on outside
- Sprinkle meat on all sides and brown in a pan over med-high heat
- Place in a crock pot, add veggies.
- Mix broth and seasoning, pour over meat.
- Add cornstarch mixture.
- Cook on high 5 hrs or low 8 hrs.