Perfect cut out sugar cookies~ they hold their shape, stay chewy, and are delicious.
You see… I have made lots of cut-outs in my time… sometimes they come out in blobs after they’re baked, and other times they hold their shape, but they are way too crisp and dry. And I happen to be a chewy cookie girl. If it’s homemade, it should taste homemade, you know?! Who wants to hear “They taste store-bought!” No way. Not me.
So… I made a video of these.
I was bored. It was rainy. I’m a little weird.
I’m sure you understand. 😉
|perfect cut out cookies||
- 3/4 cups softened butter
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a mixer combine the butter and sugar until pale and fluffy.
- Add the egg and extracts.
- Slowly add in the flour and salt adjusting as needed ( more or less) until a dough is formed.
- Remove dough from mixer and place on a sheet of parchment paper.
- Lightly dust the top of dough with flour and roll out to 3/8″ thickness and cut into desired shapes.
- Place on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350 for 10-12 minutes.
- Makes 24 3″ cookies