disclaimer: I received product samples for my participation in Summer Dessert week, however, the recipes and opinions are my own
Y’all…. ohmygoodness. These are SO GOOD. Seriously. Like, talk with your mouth full kind of good. So good you forget your manners.
You know what I’m talking about….
These are a creation I made just for #summerdessertweek, but- lemme tell you… I’ll be making them more often. They are going to be a new summertime tradition.
And, they are soooooo easy. One bowl, one ziplock bag, and a hammer. Oh yes, and a popsicle mold. You can also find some cute sticks and storage bags for them at Sweets & Treats. You got this!
No popsicle mold? Paper cups work fine, too.
No judgement here.
When I was a kid, my mom would freeze orange juice in Dixie paper cups, stick a “recycled” popsicle stick in it, and there you have it- orange popsicles. My mom was one of those moms that saved the bows from gifts and popsicle sticks. I’m pretty sure she saved unwrinkled wrapping paper, too. She was one of the early
tree huggers environmentalists.
On occasion, she would use the Sunday comics to wrap up gifts in. Ain’t no shame in that!
Speaking of comics, the other day, I was picking up some paperwork from my mom’s house, and she left the Sunday comics for my daughter. My daughter had never read the comics before. (!!!!!)
Of course, this got me going into a long story about how the only cartoons we could watch were on Saturday morning, and there were no DVR’s and no DVDs much less VHS (which led into another story …) When I think of all the technological advances I’ve seen in my not that old age… it’s crazy.
I feel happy that I did grow up in a time of no technology, though. I think it helps appreciate the simple joys in life.
Like popsicles and paper cups.
I fashioned these after one of my favorite store bought frozen treats: Strawberry Shortcakes . Except these have a graham and vanilla wafer coating, and are filled with a tart and creamy key lime pie-sicle.
New word of the day: Piesicle.
Pass it on to Webster!
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 c key lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 whole graham crackers, crushed fine
- 6 vanilla wafers , crushed fine
- In a bowl, using a hand mixer, combine the milk, vanilla and lime juice.
- Pour into popsicle molds and freeze until firm.
- Remove from molds and dip in crushed cookies
- Store in zip top bag in freezer.
Check out the amazing #SummerDessertWeek recipes from our bloggers today!
Ice Cream & Frozen Desserts:
- Brownie Ice Cream Sundaes from Desserts Required
- Strawberry Shortcake Ice Cream Bars from Family Around the Table
- Simple Watermelon Lime Garnita from Cheese Curd In Paradise
- No Churn Patriotic Funfetti Ice Cream from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- No Churn Lemonade Ice Cream from 4 Sons R Us
- Orange Julius Popsicles from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
Sweet Summertime Cakes and Cupcakes:
- Cotton Candy Mermaid Cupcakes from Daily Dish Recipes
- Jam Breakfast Cake with Streusel from Shockingly Delicious
- Brown Sugar Cinnamon Pound Cake from Pastry Chef Online
- Almond Pear Cupcakes from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
No Bake Treats:
- Banana Split Eclair Dessert from Big Bear’s Wife
- Lemon Lavender Scones from Jen Around the World
- Frosted Cookie Bars from Miss in the Kitchen
- Easy Raspberry Lemon Crumble Bars from Who Needs A Cape?
- Peach and Nectarine Torte with Almond Whipped Cream from Nancie’s Table
- Cookie Bars from Back To My Southern Roots
- Bomb Pop Cheesecake Cups from Sweet ReciPEAS
- Mini Raspberry Cheesecakes from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Orange Creamsicle Truffles from Sweet Beginnings
Welcome to the 3rd Annual #SummerDessertWeek event hosted by Angie from Big Bear’s Wife. This week-long summer time event is filled with some down right amazing sweet recipes from fantastic bloggers and we’ve got some great giveaways from our generous sponsors for y’all too!! We can’t wait to share all of these summer-themed desserts with you and celebrate sweet, sweet summertime all week long!
There are 45 incredible bloggers participating in this year’s #SummerDessertWeek event! Thanks to those bloggers, we have over 168 summer time sweet treat recipes being shared this week! Grab a few recipes to try out and don’t forget to enter the giveaway below!
Scroll down to take a look!
Dixie Crystals is giving away one (1)Keurig® K-Select® Coffee Maker
Prize #2 — Adam’s Extract is giving away – 1 Gift Pack – including Adams Poundcake Kit, Adams Best, Adams Lemon Extract, Adams Natural Food Color, and Adams Cinnamon Sugar
Prize #3 —Wilton is giving away a Wilton Gift Pack – including – Bake and Bring Geometric Print Non-Stick 13 x 9 -inch Oblong Pan, Bake and Bring Geometric Print Non-Stick 8-inch Square Cake Pan, Bake and Bring Geometric Print Non-Stick 8-inch Round Cake Pan, Peach Cobbler Candy Melts Candy, Blueberry Lemonade Candy Melts Candy, Orange Crème Candy Melts Candy, Key Lime Pie Decorating Icing Pouch with Tips, Orange Crème Decorating Icing Pouch with Tips, Pop Art Triangle and Solid Cupcake Liners, Geometric Print and Solid Green Cupcake Liners, Balloon Dog Icing Decorations, Assorted Brights and Pastels Sprinkles, Blue Sprinkles Tackle Box, Coral Sprinkles Tackle Box, DIY-Lish Mermaid Kit, DIY-Lish Candy Lollipop Kit and Disposable Decorating Bags with 1M Tips
Prize #4 — Sweets & Treats Boutique is giving away 1 (one) baking supply box including an assortment of sprinkles and cupcake liners as well as one of Love From The Oven’s recent cookbooks!
Prize #5 — Anolon is giving one (1) winner an Anolon Advanced Graphite 9″ Round Springform Pan & an Anolon Advanced Graphite 9″ Square Springform Pan
Giveaway open to US Residents 18 years or older. All entries will be verified. No PO Boxes Please. Prizes will be sent directly from sponsors to winners, bloggers are not responsible for prizes. This giveaway runs from July 7th – July 14th at 12AMEST. Winners will be selected soon afterward and contacted by e-mail. Winners will have 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be chosen. There are a total of 5 (five) prizes and therefore we will have a total of 5 (five) winners. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law.
Disclaimer: These posts and recipes are part of the week-long event, #SummerDessertWeek but all opinions are 100% mine! We would like to Thank our amazing sponsors: Dixie Crystals, Adam’s Extract, Wilton, Sweets and Treats Shop and Anolon ! These wonderful sponsors provided the prize packs for our giveaways and also sent samples and products to the #SummerDessertWeek bloggers to use in their recipes.