“This post and recipe was created for #SummerDessertWeek! I was sent samples by some of the sponsor companies but as always opinions are 100% mine.”
Whenever myself or my family takes on a commitment, something happens. Usually we have a weekend getaway planned, and bam- there is a new child entering our care. This time, I had Summer Dessert Week* planned, and Bam! A newborn lands in my lap. Well, almost.
When you’re a foster parent the “stork” comes often.
Thankfully, I made sweet tings happen at nap time, like this:
sweet, creamy and tart lime fudge on top of a crunchy coconut-graham crust. And, honestly folks; It’s easy…I’ll even give you the busy mama shortcut tips 😉
Speaking of busy mamas, life is finally moving into pace after becoming a newborn mom again. I’m relishing every moment, because you just never know. I never know if someone is going to call me and say: “Have her things ready, she’s going home with ______.”I also never know if this is going to be the last newborn to pass through …or stay forever in our home. Fostering has a way of helping you live in the moment, and hope in the future all at the same time. There is no way to prevent or prepare for the pain that inevitably is going to be there if she does “go home”; but, in my past years of experience- after an 8 year investment of a child’s life- one thing I have found: you never regret the time you loved. So; if I can fill these days with lots of love; I know in the end that it was a race well run. If I fill my days with worry, I know that she will sense that, and that is something I will regret.
So; I cast away the worries of the day we may have to send her back… and fill every day we have her with love, cuddles, the best diapers and the cutest outfits. And remain content; that whatever plans that are laid out for her, they are not my own.
Back to fudge.
You can do a few shortcuts with this recipe:
- Use prepackaged graham crumbs (I did not but only because I have young kids and they eat the crackers)
- Use the microwave at 50%power to melt the chocolate
- Use 100% bottled lime juice
- don’t bake the crust; just refrigerate it overnight
There you have it.
I have four other recipes to make for this campaign, wish me luck. Fortunately my friends set up a meal train for our family, little did they know it came at the perfect time! All I have to worry about is dessert.(*summer dessert week is a daily collection of recipes and prized put together by bloggers and sponsors – scroll down for more recipes and giveaway items!)
Lime Fudge #summerdessertweek
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- 16 ounces good quality white chocolate chips
- 1 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 3 TBS grated fresh lime zest
- 6 TBS lime juice
- Line a 8x8" pan with parchment, allowing an overhang on two sides
- Mix the butter, crumbs, and coconut in a bowl, and press into pan
- (OPTIONAL: bake in a preheated 375F oven 8 minutes) or -refrigerate 2-4 hours
- Meanwhile, melt the chips and milk at 50% power at 30 second intervals, stirring well between each until chips are smooth and melted
- Beat in the zest and juice, and pour over crust.
- Chill several hours to overnight before slicing.
- Store in the refrigerator
Check out the amazing #SummerDessertWeek recipes from our bloggers today!
Ice Cream Recipes:
- Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Bites from Big Bear’s Wife
- No Churn Cinnamon Roll Ice Cream from Pastry Chef Online
- Green Tea Ice Cream from Mildly Meandering
- Mermaid Pudding Pops from For the Love of Food
Pies of Summer:
Sweet Summertime Cakes:
- Cinnamon Oatmeal Cake from The Food Hunter’s Guide To Cuisine
- Lemon Chiffon Raspberry Parfait from Desserts Required
- S’mores Mousse Parfaits from Daily Dish Recipes
- Strawberry Pretzel Salad Parfaits from 4 Sons ‘R’ Us
- Strawberry Glazed Donut Bites from Eat Move Make
- Mixed Berry Fruit Pizza from The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Strawberry Cake Donuts from The Beard and The Baker
- Lemon Doberge Squares from Southern From Scratch
- Mini Blueberry Galettes from Me and My Pink Mixer
- Chocolate Churros from My Sweet Zepol
- Key Lime Fudge from The Domestic Kitchen
- Chocolate Strawberry Eclairs from Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- Peanut Butter and Jelly Bars from A Blender Mom
- Fruit Pie Jars from A Southern Soul
- Sweet Tea Bread Pudding from Sweet ReciPEAs
Welcome to the 2nd Annual #SummerDessertWeek event hosted by Angie from Big Bear’s Wife. This sweet week-long event is filled with fun dessert recipes from amazing bloggers and some great giveaways from our generous sponsors! We can’t wait to share all of these summer-themed desserts with y’all and celebrate summertime sweets all week long!
There are 23 wonderful bloggers participating in this year’s event! With over 60 recipes being shared this week we just know that you’re going to find a new summer favorite! Plus, don’t forget that we have 5 (five) great giveaways for you this week too!
Scroll down to take a look!
Prize #1 — Dixie Crystals is giving away one (1) Instant Pot (8 Qt) to one lucky winner!
Prize #2 — Adam’s Extract is giving away – One bottle of Adams Best Vanilla Flavor, Adams Best Prize Winning Pound Cake Mix, Adams Extract Twice as Stong Vanilla and Adams Extract Lemon Extract
Prize #3– Red Star Yeast is giving away a gift pack including an Insulated Tote Bag, Apron, “The New Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day” Cookbook, Yeast, Rolling Pin, Measuring Spoons, Oven Mit and Dish Towel
Prize #4 — Susquehanna Glass Co. is giving away one set (4 glasses) of Mermaids Stemless Wine Glasses. (like the Mermaid glasses you’ll see in some of our recipes this week!)
Prize #5 — Lodge Cast Iron is giving away one (1) 12-inch Cast Iron Skillet.
Giveaway open to US Residents 18 years or older. No PO Boxes Please. giveaway runs from July 9th until July 15th at 12AMEST. Winners will be selected soon afterward and contacted by e-mail. Winners will have 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be chosen. There are a total of 5 (five) prizes and therefore we will have a total of 5 (five) winners.
Disclaimer: These posts and recipes are part of the week-long event, #SummerDessertWeek but all opinions are 100% mine! We would like to Thank our amazing sponsors: Dixie Crystals, Adam’s Extract, Red Star Yeast, Susquehanna Glass Co. and Lodge Cast Iron! These wonderful sponsors provided the prize packs for our giveaways and also sent samples and products to the #SummerDessertWeek bloggers to use in their recipes.