We have been on a honey kick for a while here, which was recently refueled by a trip to see “Winnie The Pooh” in the theatre. I don’t see how anyone can watch Pooh and not crave honey. He’s just so passionate about it.
Speaking of passion… I am going to make some sort of cake or cupcake this week. I got totally inspired by my old BFF who just started a little cupcake biz where she lives. Ruby Cakes. I haven’t made cupcakes in a long long time. To be honest, it’s been too damn hot. But, now my cupcake craving is overriding the stifling heat.
Or,hit up yard sales. Three things you always see at yard sales: waffle irons, ice cream makers and fondue pots.
I have a fondue pot. I need to use it, too.
Melted butter, honey and vanilla. Oh yeah…mmmmm.
|honey vanilla waffles||
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 2 1/4 cups buttermilk
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- 5 tablespoons sugar
- 1/3 c honey
- In a bowl, mix together the flour, cornmeal, baking soda, baking powder, salt.
- Set aside.
- In another bowl, mix the eggs, buttermilk, butter, sugar and honey.
- Combine both mixtures and spoon into hot, greased waffle iron and bake till golden.
- For the syrup, melt 4 tbs butter and add to it 1/2 c honey and 1 teaspoon vanilla.