Well, this is what I ate last night. Chicken fajitas with a green chile cheese sauce that I whipped up on a whim. It’s a good thing I noted what I made the sauce with- because now y’all can make it, too.
I ended up making fajitas because I got a coupon for some free Tyson grilled and ready chicken. And, there was no way we were going to grill our own chicken since it was rainy. Grilling in the rain is lame.
Anyway, dinner ended up taking 10 minutes to make. Take that- 20 minute meal people! But, let’s face it: there is no true 20 or 10 minute meal. It’s the whole clean up process. Nobody factors in cleaning up the meal.
Wait- is PB&J a meal? Maybe. I stand corrected.
Back to it:
Mmm-Hmmm you guessed it: That’s what your saucepan will look like. 😉
|<span class=”mceItemHidden”>green <span class=”mceItemHiddenSpellWord”>chile</span> cheese sauce</span>||
- 1 7 oz can diced green chilies drained
- 3 TBS butter
- 3 tbs flour
- 1 1/2 c half and half
- 1 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 oz cream cheese, softened or cooking creme
- span class=”mceItemHidden”>2 oz white cheese- preferably a Latin <span class=”mceItemHiddenSpellWord”>Quesadilla</span> cheese- however, a white American cheese works well also</span>
- Over med-high heat melt butter, add the cumin,salt, and garlic
- add the flour to make a paste
- add the half and half and stir until thick and creamy
- add the cream cheese or cooking cream
- stir until smooth
- add the green chilies, stir to combine
- add the sauce to fajitas, tacos, etc.