eggnog truffles~ bite sized morsels of holiday bliss!
Mmmm, eggnog. Some people dislike it (like my hubby) some people love it, me personally? – it’s like drinking melted ice cream. Mmmm.
This recipe is for y’all that would rather eat it and not drink it.
Hey, did I mention that this was a middle of the night recipe? Yep. Lack of sleep is genius sometimes.Except the next day at 3:30 in the afternoon, you know when you wish you had an energy drink – but you’re too tired to go buy one? I guess I should stock up on my candy cane green tea this time of year. Red Bulls make me spastic.
use a spoon to gently roll the ball in the coating, and then transfer it to a drying sheet using a fork. Add the sprinkles quickly- while the coating is still wet.
Store them in the refrigerator, unless you live in an igloo.
- 14 ounces vanilla candy coating or white chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup eggnog
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- dash salt
- 8 ounces white chocolate chips, melted
- In a double boiler, combine the 14 ounces of chocolate, eggnog, milk, nutmeg and salt.
- Cook over medium heat until melted and smooth.
- Place mixture in the refrigerator and chill 2hours.
- Mix in the flour until a dough is formed.
- Roll into walnut sized balls and place in the freezer 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt the 8 ounces of chips in a microwave safe bowl at 50% power for increments of 30 seconds, stirring in between until mixture is smooth.
- Gently dip each ball into mixture, and set aside to harden.
- Store in the refrigerator.