On Monday, my mom asked if I could make a cake for here reverend at her church. On Tuesday I attempted to make taffy, on Wednesday, I made his cake, on Thursday I met with my blogger bff, and then delivered this cake to the reverend and a hatchback full of food for the church’s food pantry.
Today I really wanted to sleep in.
Anyone can do a cake like this… really. The worst part of cake making for me is keeping them level, or leveling them. I actually had to make two cakes with this one, because the first was lopsided. I loathe lopsided cakes.
I wish I knew the magic trick to have perfectly even cakes. I think it’s just luck in leveling them.
Did I also tell you that somebody “tricked” my mom? It wasn’t the reverends birthday.
So…. when I gave her the cake (yes, she’s a female reverend) I informed her it was her “un-birthday”.
For the record: PEOPLE!!! Don’t tell old ladies it’s people’s birthdays UNLESS IT’S TRUE.
Don’t you know old ladies fall for anything????!!!!
Turns out, the DJ told my mom it was the reverends birthday. Turns out, he ALWAYS “jokes” around with her…
Yes, I know… one day I will be an old lady making birthday cakes weekly for the same people. But that’s okay…
Now, about the rest of my week:
Check this out:
My BFF blogger friend made this. All I know is it’s some sort of gluten free frozen dessert. I cannot wait to see the recipe…. I haven’t tasted it yet. I was hanging out at her house and I was helping her out with her new camera, and she was teaching me stumble upon…because I
am was a moron when it came to that. 😉
Hey!!! Wanna good cake recipe? It’s easy, too.
|easy cake recipe||
- 6 tablespoons softened salted butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cups milk
- Cream the butter and sugar together.
- Add the eggs and extracts and mix well.
- Combine the flour, salt, baking powder and add to the butter mixture.
- Pour into (2) greased 8 inch cake pans.
- Bake in a preheated 350 oven for 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. (not gooey)