chocolate chip turtle tart…and other ways to indulge
There was a mock iron chef competition at my church this weekend. I was still having some withdraws from my chocolate tart last week that I decided to kick it up a notch, make a chocolate chip crust, fill it with ganache and top it with caramel and nuts. C’om on… you know you want a bite…
I also won an embroidered apron that says “love on” which totally rocks because I’m considering a tattoo with that, AND how cool to already have an apron to match my soon -to- exist tattoo?! Oh yeah! It’s like my birthday came early. Speaking of…
I asked for a tortoise and tattoo gift card for my birthday~ I’m big on long lasting gifts, lol.
Anyway… I ended up going blond as well… but too blond, you know? I will post a few pics up before I go back to something else. I realized that I’m just NOT a blond. But.. speaking of blonde.. it made me want blondies- so I’m going to show you some hair pics with food pics. Theme posts. Now, when I go burgundy cherry… that will be a tasty post too.
|chocolate chip turtle tart||
- For the crust: (either use refrigerated cookie dough or make this)
- 2 c flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips (mini are best)
- In a bowl, combine the brown sugar, butter, shortening, sugar and vanilla. Mix well and add egg.
- In a separate bowl, mix the flour, baking soda ans salt.
- Join the two mixtures together and stir in the chocolate chips.
- Press into a 12″ tart pan. (you may have some extra dough for a few cookies)
- Bake at 350 for 12-14 minutes, removing while it is still soft in the middle.
- Gently press down the middle, to form a crater.
- As it cools, gently heat 1/2 cup heavy cream and 1 bag of semi sweet chocolate chips over medium heat on top of a double boiler.
- Once it is melted, gently spoon into cookie crust.
- Refrigerate overnight to set.
- Top with toasted pecans and melted caramel drizzles.
That’s the latest.