caramel apple breakfast cake~ a caramel apple that’s soft and fluffy
I made this recipe on a whim, it was going to be a muffin, but then I thought in muffin form it may be too sticky. Sticky is fine, don’t get me wrong, but I just psycho cleaned my house- and I happened to be avoiding sticky at the time I made these.
You know how when you psycho clean your house and you want it to stay “psycho fresh” for longer than an hour? Me too. I think that’s why all those companies claim “freshness for days” because it’s what we always long for. Sometimes I talk to those companies through the television, don’t they know just because it smells good doesn’t mean it’s clean?! That’s 1800’s ” lady of the night ” thinking.
Come up with a product that psycho cleans in one squirt and I’m in.
Sort of. You melt butter cream and sugar together and put it in the bottom of the pan.
And pour your batter on top:
|caramel apple breakfast cake||
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons half and half
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 large tart apple, peeled and sliced thin
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts, optional
- In a microwaveable bowl, place the butter, brown sugar and half in half. Microwave until melted.
- Pour into an 9×9 or 8×8 pan.
- Top with nuts and apple slices and cinnamon
- In another bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar.
- Mix together the milk, oil and egg and add to the dry mixture.
- Spread over the apple slices.
- Bake in a preheated 350 oven, for 20-25 minutes.
- Allow to cool 10 minutes before sliding a knife around the edges and inverting onto a platter.