I love taking savory spins on breakfast… and dumplings.
This time, I have created a savory breakfast dumpling, filled with fluffy scrambled eggs and sausage, with a sweet and salty maple dipping sauce that says good morning to your tastebuds….
This recipe was created for the Twin Dragon recipe challenge. I was supplied a collection of wraps, and this was my favorite creation thus far.
Of course, my expertise in dumpling wrapping is still in progression, the end result was delicious. Filling, yet not so much as you want to crawl back in bed. And, sustaining, so you’re not going to be ravenous at 11:20am.
I filled these with pre-cooked scrambled eggs and sausage,and lightly steamed them.
They can also be made in advance and simply warmed up for busy mornings.
JSL Foods Twin Dragon makes Egg Roll wrappers, Gzoya wrappers and also Won Ton wrappers. They can be purchased at: Albertson’s, Shaw’s , Von’s, Stater Bros, Lucky’s, Food Maxx, Fred Myer, QFC, Cub Foods, Rainbow Foods, Safeway, Associated Stores, Price Rite, Shop Rite, Winco< Price Chopper and Gelson’s.
And, be sure to follow JSL foods for updates and more recipes:
breakfast dumplings with maple soy dipping sauce #twindragon #chefyaki
- 1 package Twin Dragon Gzoya wrappers
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup breakfast sausage cooked and crumbled
- 2 TBS pure maple syrup
- 3 TBS soy sauce
- Scramble eggs over medium heat, and mix in the sausage.
- Place 1 tablespoon of filling in wrapper, moisten edges with water and seal
- Continue until all filling is used.
- Place in a non stick skillet with 1 TBS water over high heat
- Cover and steam 5-7 minutes.
- In a bowl, mis the maple syrup and soy sauce,
- serve on the side as dipping sauce.