baked chicken Parmesan~ un-fried version of the Italian classic
If you happened to catch my post about my hubby, then you’ll understand that there will be a few more healthier recipes here. Thankfully, that’s not that hard for me to accomplish, since my previous life was spent managing a health food store, and my childhood was spent with a yoga instructor mom that introduced me to carob and wheat germ before chocolate and sprinkles.
But, don’t fret… I’ll still be making have dessert. Everything in moderation, right?
Remember last week when I was talking about sucky days? Well, the flu has struck our home. Just in time for my youngest daughter’s spring break. So far, she’s the only one that has exhibited signs of it… but, in case I disappear… you’ll know what happened. 🙁
I’m thinking about going in turbo-mode today and making as much as I can for Easter (just in case…) There’s nothing like knowing you may be out of commission in advance. Heck, I oughta make some freezer meals, too.
You know, when you plan on something happening… it usually doesn’t happen.
So, I’m totally planning on having the flu soon.
Wish me luck. 😉
I served it with a side of pasta & forgotten green beans. Once we sat down at the table, I realized that I was so busy getting photos of the parm- that I spaced out on the green beans. Which isn’t good, since I’m starting a veg pledge tomorrow. What’s a veg pledge? You’ll see…. 😉
No, I’m not going veg.
Nope, not vegan either.
Nah, not lacto-ovo.
You’ll see tomorrow.
|baked chicken parmesan||
- 2 large boneless chicken breasts, butterflied and pounded thin
- 1 egg
- 1/3 c whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs of your choice
- 4 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 4 thin slices mozzarella cheese
- Dip each chicken portion into flour, then egg, then bread crumbs
- Place in a shallow baking dish that has been drizzled with two tablespoons of olive oil
- Drizzle remaining oil on top
- Bake at 375 for 25 minutes, turning once halfway through
- If chicken is not crisp enough, place under broiler for 2 minutes (watch carefully)
- Top with mozzarella
- Serve with pasta sauce and a side of pasta and vegetable of your choice.