I made pierogi last night. I haven’t made them in years, and I’m not sure why. I am going to make them more often, I decided. Especially when I need a carb fix. Carbs stuffed with carbs. Oh yeah.
My booty will be needing to go on a few more walks I think.
It was worth it.
Especially the text from my hubby the next day, while he was eating his leftovers. It read: “Love me some pierogi! ”
Ain’t that sweet?
Now, I know all the other blogs out there are all over the chocolate and sweets, and I am sure I will hop on the bandwagon blogwagon soon. As of now, however… I am in this big ol’ cleaning/decluttering/going crazy thing. Maybe I am sensing Spring.
That’s the going crazy part. 😉
So, what’s this about birthdays?
My birthday is coming up, and I always tend to reflect on things when I have one of those days..(birthdays, that is)
here are the things I want to do before 37 comes around. There are 37 things, so that makes sense. (I’m turning 36, but I really am 28 in my “world”)
37) sew more. I miss sewing. I want to make a bunch of sundresses for Summer.
36) get the backyard garden in better shape. Or else build something there
35) hang out with my sisters more
34) hang out with my best friend more
33) go out of the country…again
32) figure out how to use some of the weird buttons on my camera
31) celebrate my daughter turning 4 and stepdaughter turning 10
30) make a tiered cake, maybe even for $$$!
29) go to a food blogger convention
28) take more cooking/baking classes
27) make lots of cakes
26) read more…stuff
25) paint my bedroom
24) paint my kitchen
23) learn how to make more candy
22) count my blessings everyday
21) organize the photo albums
20) stop procrastinating on #21
19 )submit more proposals
18) figure out if I want my hair long or short
17) use my fondue pot
16) go fishing more
15)catch more fish
14)meet up with some local food bloggers
13) teach my daughter to read/tell time/count numbers/etc
12)raise a chicken(hen)
11)sell more stuff on Ebay
10) organize the final section of the garage I keep avoiding
9) can more
8)enjoy my 5 year anniversary with my hubby
9)enjoy my parents (and in laws) while they are still here
8) go camping some more
7)splurge and get a Diana Mini
6) really splurge and get a Nikkor 50mm 1.4 AF lens
5) be done with Christmas and Birthdays before “crunch time”
4)ride my bike more
3)update and revamp my site
2)decide on HOW to do number 3
1) enjoy every moment of everyday.
Then, saute in more onions and butter…..
Enjoy. Then go for a walk. 😉 Or, do something on you list…. or heck…have dessert.
For the dough:
either by hand or in a food processor combine:
2 c flour
1/2 c sour cream
1/4 c butter,softened
1 tsp salt
Combine until a dough is formed, remove and knead hand 5-10 minutes. Wrap in plastic wrap and chill 30 minutes or overnight.
Roll out 1/8″ thick and cut into circles 2-3″ large
Place a teaspoon of filling on each circle. (I used an onion, mashed potato and cheese mixture)
seal edges with your fingers or a dork. (LOL, that was a typo I kept.)
bring a large pot of water (with salt) to a boil, and boil pierogi a few at a time for 7-9 minutes, or until they float to the surface.
Set aside, and soften some onions with butter in a sauce pan. Add pierogi and saute until golden.