On top of spaghetti …. you know the rest, right?
Spaghetti is one of those things I can see a picture of and instantly crave it. I apologize to my carb watchers, but the other night I needed a big bowl of carbs and some red wine.
Maybe it had to do with seeing a picture of Lady and the Tramp… you know that one, where they have the spaghetti?
How come big ol’ meatball sounds tasty but tuna balls don’t?
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 2 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp parsley
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1½ tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp garlic granules
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp onion powder
- optional: ½ tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- In a bowl, combine beef and seasonings.
- Form into golf ball sized balls.
- Cook in a skillet with some olive oil over medium high heat for 6-8 minutes per side.
- Don't try to turn them too soon, or they will fall apart.
- Serve hot with pasta and sauce or in a sandwich roll.
Ahh, life’s culinary mysteries….