This is simplicity at it’s best. A leftover baked potato. Eggs, cheese, and bacon.
cut the top off a potato and scoop out a bit of the inside. Add salt and pepper and a spot of butter.
crack an egg into each potato and bake at 350 for 20min. Top with bacon, cheese, parsley, chives…whatever you fancy. Enjoy. Don’t ya just love simple meals?
Betcha can’t eat just one…
so…what are you making for breakfast tomorrow?
- 4 previously baked potatoes
- 4 tbs butter
- 4 medium eggs
- scallions, bacon, cheese for garnish
- salt, pepper
- Slice a portion of the potato lengthwise so you are able to hollow it out to make a bowl.
- Place 1 tbs of butter on each potato
- Crack an egg in each potato
- Sprinkle with desired toppings and seasonings
- Bake in a preheated 375 oven for 17-25 minutes or until eggs are just set.
*recipe came from my mama- I was told it’s based on a cookbook called “The Supper Book” by Marion Cunningham