I was recently allowed to opportunity to participate in the Steviva Brands Sweeteners Blogger Recipe Challenge.
Of course, I accepted the challenge before a few big unexpected events in our life happened; a hurricane and a newborn baby. Life has a way of saying “surprise” at just the precise time. And, during the time of chaos and construction, my mind was whirling with recipe ideas.
Then, our power came back and it was testing and tasting…. and now: I have for you, my friends: dinner and a drink.
There’s dessert, too. But that’s another post.
Let’s talk taco. Let’s talk sweet and spicy, rich and creamy, a marriage of flavor so unbelievably tasty you’ll go back for thirds.
This isn’t you ordinary taco pie. This has a melody of rich flavors you can only get from scratch made sauce., topped with freshly seasoned ground beef, studded with green olives, black beans and corn. Loaded with melted sharp cheddar and topped with a creamy . spicy- sweet siracha sauce.
Garnished with crisp lettuce and juicy diced tomatoes, it’s a feast for the tastebuds and the senses.
And: before you get worried about the time factor of “from scratch”, it’s actually quite easy.
Now; what would be a good after dinner drink? Something smooth and creamy… definitly not bland. Because after this complexity of seasoning and spice… you don’t want your tastebuds to be disappointed.
Enter in: Vanilla Spice Caramel Apple Cider
Tart apple cider, warmed, spiced and spiked with bourbon and a pillowy cloud of monk fruit sweetened vanilla bean whipped cream, and a drizzle of cinnamon spiced Nectivia syrup.
It’s creamy and spicy, smooth and sweet.
And: there you have it. Dinner and drinks. Enjoy, folks!
- 2 pieces flatbread (nann, pita, etc)
- FOR THE SAUCE:
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 TBS chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- ½ tsp oregano
- 1 tsp onion powder
- ½ - 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbs sliced green olives
- 2 Tbs cooked black beans
- 1 tbs cooked corn kernels
- dash cayenne
- 3 TBS Fructevia sweetener
- FOR THE BEEF:
- ½ lb ground beef (or substitute)
- 1 tsp cumin
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp chili powder
- salt/pepper to taste
- For the spicy sweet Mexican sauce:
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 2 TBS Nectivia liquid sweetener
- 4 TBS siracha hot sauce or equivalent
- lettuce, tomato, limes to garnish.
- *For the Vanilla Spice Caramel Apple Cider :
- 2 cups unfiltered apple cider
- 1/24cup burbon (optional )
- 2 tbs caramel sauce
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3 tbs Monksweet sweetener
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- For the Cinnamon syrup:
- 3 tbs Nectevia syrup
- 1 tbs cinnamon
- In a saucepan, over medium heat heat the tomato sauce, seasonings and sweetener. Cook stirring occasionally for 15 minutes. Season with salt to taste.
- Set aside.
- In the same saucepan, cook and drain the meat. Add 3 TBS of prepared sauce, seasonings, black beans, olives and corn.
- Spoon sauce onto flatbread, and top with beef
- Sprinkle liberally with cheese and place under broiler to melt.
- Top with a drizzle of sauce , garnish with lettuce and fresh diced tomatoes.
- For the cider:
- heat cider over low heat.
- While heating, beat the heavy cream and Monksweet until stiff peaks form
- Divide cider between two mugs, top with bourbon, and caramel sauce.
- Spoon whipped cream onto cider and drizzle with caramel sauce
Disclaimer: I received free product to utilize in entering this contest.