They must have known that I would have some busy afternoons and evenings ahead of me…because there were quite a few 20 minute meals birthed from this sauce. My favorite, however were these flat breads I whipped up.
The time investment? 10 minutes. MAX. 🙂
As most of y’all know… I am a homemade sauce kind of girl, and I seldom go for the convenience foods.. but, I do keep several convenience soups and snacks on hand for occasions like hurricanes and late nights at work.
This sauce however… will probable be making a few more appearances aside from late nights and hurricanes.
Mainly, it tastes homemade, has rich flavor and none of the canned taste that sometimes comes with convenience foods.Maybe because it’s in a pouch? Hmmmm….
I topped it with cooked diced chicken, a few cherry tomatoes and a sprinkling of mozzarella cheese. I had mushrooms to add… but realized I forgot them afterward.. but that may have pushed the time to 12 minutes… 🙂
- 1 pouch creamy roasted garlic sauce
- 1 cup chopped spinach (previously frozen/thawed and drained)
- ¼ cup mozzarella cheese shreds
- ½ cup cooked diced chicken breast
- 4 ready made flat breads
- cherry tomatoes, mushrooms (optional)
- Preheat broiler
- In a small saucepan, combine the sauce and spinach
- heat though over medium heat
- Spread on flat bread and sprinkle chicken, cheese and tomatoes
- Place 3" below broiler and broil for 30seconds to 1 minute to melt the cheese
- Serve with side salad or pasta