Is it just me or s’mores everywhere these days? I know that they are a quintessential summer snack, but this year they seem to be in your face everywhere.
What’s a girl to do when there are s’mores everywhere?
Make them. Sorta. I made a graham cracker crust, chocolate ganache filling and a toasted marshmallow topping. Yes, I finally found a use for myganache. See?! It’s good to have a big bowl of chocolate in your fridge, at all times.
The crust was a basic graham cracker crust:
Now, I took this pic on purpose of my hand… why? Well! Remember last week- when I went to do a bit of filming for Moovision? The director wanted us to all get manicures. (sweet!) So, we got the shellac kind- that’s supposed to last 3 weeks. Guess what? One week down- not a chip! Yay!
I need to do more film-work- just for the manicures. Oh yes, in case you’re wondering- after our fancy-pant manicures, we went out for pizza and beer. Because we’re butch like that. 😉
So, I baked up my baby crusts,
- 1 c graham cracker crumbs, fine
- ¼ c melted butter
- ¼ c sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla
- 1 c chocolate filling* (either chocolate chips or cream)
- 24 marshmallows
- In a bowl, combine the butter, sugar,graham cracker crumbs and vanilla.
- Place two teaspoons of mixture in each compartment of a NON-STICK mini muffin pan.
- Press down each crust firmly.
- Bake at 350 for 6-8 minutes
- Top with chocolate chips or chocolate ganache
- Top with marshmallow
- Place under broiler for 15-20 SECONDS, watching carefully.
- Place in fridge to cool, and allow chocolate to set.
- Remove by sliding a knife around edges, and pop out.